Cllr Mike Hakata and officer Joe Baker will be at the George Meehan Centre to talk about environmental topics.
Cllr Mike Hakata has been reappointed cabinet member for climate, environment and transport policy, and Joe Baker is the council’s head of carbon management and will meet us in person at the George Meehan Centre Wood Green on 15th June at 6pm.
The meeting will update us on progress and timetables on key policy areas and we will discuss how we can best support carbon reduction initiatives.
The meeting aims to cover a wide variety of topics has not been finalised but likely topics are:
1) Cllr Hakata for 10mins on the council’s vision and key commitments on climate and environment
2) Joe Baker for 10mins to provide an update on key policy areas
3) Questions and discussions:
Key areas could include (but not restricted to):
The possibility of a Community Climate pop up place, as in Islington and other places belonging to the to https://www.climateemergencycentre.co.uk;
Walking and cycling plan including LTNs
- Promoting renewable energy across the borough including how to get PV on New River;
- Purchasing green electricity – council and residents
- Retrofitting council’s housing stock
- Retrofitting private sector homes, owner occupied and rented
- Heat networks – climate friendly or not?
- Reducing residual waste and increasing recycling