UK Government Offers
Haringey Council Grants & Offers
The Haringey Climate Forum runs a grants programme each year, funded by Haringey Council for community groups delivering carbon reduction projects.
In 2019 Haringey Climate Forum funded four projects via this programme, according to the Ninth Carbon Report (p 41):
- £1,500 to install double glazing for a café on Wolves Lane improving energy efficiency and reducing energy bills
- Awarding Global Group with £4,500 to install 450 LED light bulbs in 250 homes in Northumberland Park.
- The Haringey Wheely Tots group were awarded £3,000 to carry out a project that recruited eight cycling ambassadors to take the two-day Cytech Home Mechanic course and the four-day National Cycle Instructor Training.
- The Friends of Chestnut Park group was awarded £1,000 to improve the pedestrian route for pupils and parents going to St Ann’s School. This enabled them to provide a gate in the park fence and associated paths so that people could cross Blackboy Lane at the controlled crossing.
- For more see our Community Fund page and to apply for a grant contact email@example.com
NLWA Fund for Community Groups Committed to Tackling Waste Prevention
Grants of up to £15,000 are available for community-based organisations from the North London Waste Authority (NLWA) Waste Prevention Community Fund 2020-21. The Waste Prevention Community Fund is part of NLWA’s overall Residual Waste Reduction Plan to reduce the amount of waste generated in north London, and to increase recycling. For more details, see here.
Community groups can apply for funding to spend on their own waste prevention initiatives over a seven-month period. Preference will be given to projects that focus on electrical repair and reuse, food waste prevention, and tackling furniture, textiles and single use plastics waste.
Organisations wishing to apply for the fund should visit this page.
Free Water Saving Gadgets
Thames Water is offering water saving gadgets, delivered for free to your door, including:
- Water efficient shower head
- Shower save
- Kitchen Swivel tap
- Twin tap inserts
- Save a flush
- Shower timer